Thursday, November 16, 2006

Rendezvous at Freebirds

I guess since Liz beat me to the punch and blogged about our friend's adventure with drugs, I'll have to blog about something equally as exciting: sitting outside of Freebirds.

So on Wednesday at around 1 AM, my roommates and I went to get Freebirds, and we decided to sit outside and people watch (in an inconspicuous manner, of course. I left my dark sunglasses and stalker-style overcoat at home). We just chillaxed and watched people come and go. Surprisingly, or maybe not so surprisingly, since it was a Wednesday, there were barely any drunk people. Freebirds was basically full of normal sober college kids who happened to have the midnight munches, either from the weed or from odd dinner hours. Luckily, a few drunk guys spiced up the night by completely tripping over the steps in front of the door and falling flat on their faces. I wonder why people would leave their apartment when balance has become such a problem. So, the drunk guys, who I assume are frat, persevered and made their way into Freebirds, slurred an order at the Freebirds workers, and made quite an effort to not miss the steps again as the left. My roommate started to get sleepy, so we headed back to our apartment, passing our neighbor who has a wonderful habit of blasting techno music at 2 in the morning. I'm not a big fan of Mexican food when I'm sober, so thats the first time I've been to Freebirds on a weekday. It was a lot tamer and duller than I expected.

No comments: