Thursday, November 30, 2006

idea for my story

I have come up with an idea for my detective story. I am setting the story in Berkeley, CA. The detective is that daughter of hippies, who rebelled by joining the police force. Her parents are very active in a peace group, and their headquarters (possibly an old vw van) is ransacked and graffitied. This gains lots of press for their group. The end result is that it was a child of one of the members (or maybe a member) who did it to gain press. The moral is that violence is the only way to gain media attention...even for pro-peace protesters. I'm thinking that I'm going to have a "personal redemption" ending like the "Parker Shot Gun Mystery." I have some details left to figure out, but i'm hoping it will work out well. I tried to work in a murder, but I just can't see that happening in that Berkeley community...

No comments: